Employees are the backbone of every organization. If your employees are motivated, they will deliver optimum performance. But if they are dissatisfied with the way you handle business, you will not only witness high attrition rate but also inefficiencies and low productivity rate. Here are some tips that can help you bolster employee motivation level:
- Take them to dinner: Organize dinners with your top-performing employee to show your appreciation. This will also help you connect with your employee, which you might not be able to do during your regular working schedule. Taking them for quick coffees too is a great opportunity to know them better.
- Display appreciation vocally: Your employees work hard to take your business to the next level, and for that they deserve your appreciation. So give them their due, especially when in front of others if possible. Also, single out top-performing employees to motivate other employees to work harder. Praise them for specific reasons so that your employees can get to know what you actually expect from them.
- Gift books: Gifting books is the best idea because employees appreciate them the most. Select books that your employees can like. Add a note in the book outlining why you got that specific book for them and why you thought it will fit them the best.
- Listen to your employees: Listening to your employees attentively is one of the best thing you can do to make them feel appreciated. You might think that you are actually listening to your staff but you should keep track of the meetings wherein you specifically called in your employees to listen to their problems. Make some extra efforts to listen what your employees are saying.
- Better infrastructure: When you invest in new computers and office equipment for your staff, you are showing your appreciation for your employees. Always keep your infrastructure updated with the latest technology because it will keep your staff happy and thrilled to know that you do consider their comfort.
- Birthday celebrations: Appreciation is not a one-time activity. It’s an on-going processes wherein you have to show how much you value your employees throughout the year. One such process is birthday celebration. Make them feel valued by asking them how they are doing and let them know how important their well being is to you.
Do you do any other activity to keep your employees happy and highly productive? Tell us. We will be happy to hear about new ways.