The latest trend in the business world is going green. Now what do we mean by going green? In simple terms, going green simply means conserving environment and avoiding wastage of resources, including energy. One would think how can a business benefit by going green. Well, let’s explore those benefits:
- Saving money in the long term: If you integrate new green procedures in your business operations, you can certainly save a huge chunk of money down the line. However, the initial cost of integrating this system can be bit steep.
- Contribution toward the environment conservation: In light of global warming, every responsible business is taking some steps to make the world a better living place for the future generations. By going green, you too are making a small but significant contribution toward the conservation of the environment.
- Good public relations: When the society comes to know about your efforts for going green, believe us, you will be applauded. Your efforts will show how sincere you are toward the building of a good society and how socially responsible you are.
- Better business: As people respect the businesses that undertake green strategies, they tend to support green businesses more than the normal one. So be ready for huge number of sales.
So how can you go green?
- Conserve your computer energy: Use energy-saving computer, monitor and printer. You can also go for energy-saving settings such as automatic sleep mode after idleness of 15 minutes. Moreover, you can also opt for laptops and think clients as they use less energy than desktop computers.
- Turn off peripherals when not in use: The business should have a policy that requires employees to switch off the peripherals such as printers, video cards, speakers and scanners when not in use.
- Reduce the use of printers: Do away with paperwork and instead make all the processes paperless. Also if you have to get a print out, opt for black and white rather than the colored ones. You can even make use of recycled ink and paper.
- Reduce paper waste: As we know papers are made from wood, reducing paper wastage is a great way to conserve trees. You can send emails instead of paper memos. Review the documents online instead of offline.
- Reduce air pollution: Even if you are not into manufacturing, you still pollute the air little bit. You can avoid that by using non-toxic cleaning products, keeping your office windows open to regular the air flow, avoiding the usage of aerosol and using of air purifiers. You can also make a policy to prohibit your employees from smoking in office.
If you have any further suggestions to make a business conserve the environment, please do comment below.